nmzmail - fast mail searching for mutt
nmzmail is a tool to use the namazu
search engine from within the mutt mail client
to search mail stored in maildir folders.
Based on the result of the namazu query, nmzmail generates a maildir folder
containing symbolic links to the mails matching the query. A simple mutt
macro makes easy to use nmzmail from within mutt.
nmzmail is pretty similar to
mairix, but the code is
much simpler, as it uses an external program as search engine.
nmzmail is also available as FreeBSD port.
A mercurial repository can
be found here.
- fast mail searching even with large number of mails; I use it currently
on about 25000 emails
- incremental index building
- rich query language including regular expressions (see the
- integrates nicely into mutt
- query history
Changes from 1.0 to 1.1
- Include string.h instead of strings.h (patch by Tim Harder).
- Update README and manpage.
- Rename NEWS to ChangeLog.